Monday, December 05, 2005

The Example

This is one of my favourite short poems written by William Davies. It is about seeing the world a bit differently in a life that is not all that easy. Should be in a self-help motivational book. See my forthcoming very short essay on happiness.

The Example

Here's an example from
A Butterfly;
That on a rough, hard rock
Happy can lie;
Friendless and all alone
On this unsweetened stone.

Now let my bed be hard
No care take I;
I'll make my joy like this
Small Butterfly;
Whose happy heart has power
To make a stone a flower.

- William H. Davies


New York sculptor Tom Otterness' (www.tomostudio.com) untitled sculpture on the beachfront of Scheveningen, Netherlands. It is part of the outdoor exhibition of the Sculptures of the Sea museum (www.beeldenaanzee.nl). Picture taken in October, 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home