Saturday, March 25, 2006

South Africa - Annual Visit

I spent a lot of my time in bookshops and walking through the changed (still changing) city centre of Pretoria like the days of old. Reorganised my hoards of dusty books. Read Dan Roodt's translation of Stephen Smith's Negrology and One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Met up with lots of friends (and sadly missed a few) and departed with a hole in my heart. No, there were no hijackers that caused that. It was just the big verlange! Now I'm back and all ready for my next adventure. Somewhere. Probably by way of teaching English and / or the (Anglo-Saxon) evangelism of secularism to the predominently unenlightened world lest humankind slips back into the dark ages. Tall order, I know.

Me having a lekker groot brannewyn & diet coke at home (Feb 2006)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home